Know Before You Go
Here’s everything you need to know before National Conference begins.
What to Expect
How do I access the virtual platform?
You’ll get an email a few days before conference from Pampered Chef that will give you access to the virtual National Conference platform. All registered in-person and virtual attendees will get a link to the platform.
If you don’t get an email with a link, please check your spam folder. Since we will have thousands of consultants in attendance, response times may be slow, so please check your spam folder before emailing Pampered Chef.
We’ll update content on the platform throughout conference with handouts, videos, and more!
What if I can’t access the virtual platform?
Send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
What should I know so I can have a great virtual experience?
Here are four things you should know to have a great conference experience.
1. The entire virtual experience will happen through the National Conference Platform. We’ll send an email on Saturday, July 2 to all consultants who registered for conference, which will include a link to the platform. The platform will be accessible for both in-person and virtual attendees through the end of July.
2. General Sessions will be broadcast LIVE through the virtual platform. We’ll also have “virtual hosts” doing some live on-location reporting before and after General Sessions. You can watch General Sessions as they happen live on the platform or watch the recordings later when they’re posted to the platform (which is within 24 hours of each session).
3. Teach Me Workshops and Breakout Sessions are prerecorded for you and will be available on the platform July 6–7. These recordings will be posted to the platform as soon as they are shared with in-person attendees at conference. All Teach Me Workshop recordings will be available to you by 2 p.m. (CT) on Wednesday, July 6, and Breakout Sessions will be available as soon as they go live at conference.
And while you won’t be watching live sessions as they’re happening in Chicago, you can watch training videos that were recorded especially for you! You can watch these videos anywhere and any time.
4. You can create your own name badge and ribbons. Just go to the Digital Welcome Packet in the Documents tab on the National Conference Platform to personalize and print your own!
Will all the Teach Me Workshops, Breakout Sessions, and General Sessions occur in the same location?
All the General Sessions are in the Wintrust Arena®, the Teach Me Workshops and Breakout Sessions will be in the West Building of the convention center. Directional signage will be available onsite to help you find these rooms.
Where are all the Breakout Sessions?
Check out the Agenda page. Our At-a-Glance Schedule has all the room assignments, so download and print it out before you arrive at National Conference. And don’t forget to bookmark the page so you can reference it when you’re onsite!
When can I go into the Product Experience Room?
The Product Experience Room will be open on Friday, July 8, after Opening General Session. You’ll be able to see the new products and watch live demos.
And starting on Thursday, July 7, you can visit our pop-up product experiences in Skyline Ballroom Foyer to see some of our favorite products in our current line.
If I miss some Breakout Sessions, when can I watch the recordings?
Recordings of the Teach Me Workshops and Breakout Sessions will be available at the same time the live sessions happen. The General Sessions recordings will be available immediately after the events end. You can watch them at your leisure until July 31.
Will there be a printed awards book this year?
No. We’ll share this year’s achievers on The Stir on July 5. You’ll be able to access these articles for one year until National Conference 2023 recognition is published.
How do I know if and when I’m walking the stage?
All stage recognition except for executive director promotions is on Friday, July 8, during the Awards Celebration Concert. Visit the Recognition page for specific recognition details.
I attended the virtual National Conference 2020 and/or National Conference 2021 and didn’t have the opportunity for photos or stage recognition. Are you doing anything special to commemorate our achievements?
Great news! Yes, we’ll have both a Thrive (National Conference 2020) and Now Is the Time (National Conference 2021) backdrop set up for photo opportunities. And while we’re unable to provide you with on-stage recognition, we’re setting up backdrops on a stage in the Skyline Ballroom Foyer so you can enjoy an on-stage moment or two with your friends.
If you’d like to bring any memories with you from those two virtual conferences and take a photo in front of the themed backdrops, this is your opportunity to do so!
If you’re an executive director or above, check out these perks:
- Use the VIP Registration Line
Skip the long lines and stop by the VIP desk.
- Take a Break at the Executive Lounge (Room W186AB)
This lounge will be open to you throughout National Conference.
- Use the VIP Entrance for General Sessions
This entrance is located between the Marriott® Hotel and Wintrust Arena on the Skybridge.
- Get Reserved Seating (Look for Reserved Seats Near Section 109!)
- Executive directors may bring one guest.
- Senior executive directors may bring two guests.
- National executive directors may bring four guests.
What’s the Top Performers Celebration? Who’s Invited?
Our Top Performers Celebration is a special event where we’ll recognize this year’s Founder’s Award recipients, Excellence Awards Four-Category achievers, new Career Club Milestone achievers, all national executive directors, new senior executive directors, and new executive directors.
What to Wear
For Breakout Sessions & General Sessions:
Wear comfortable business casual clothing. There will be lots of walking, so make sure you’re wearing comfortable shoes. Some consultants even wear tennis shoes when walking around and change shoes when they reach their designated rooms—The choice is all yours!
For Awards Celebration Concert:
Dress to impress! If you’re being recognized, this is your time to wear something fancy and look your best.
When do I wear my promotion color?
If you promoted to director, advanced director, or senior director, you can wear clothing in your new title’s color on Friday, July 8 at the Awards Celebration Concert.
New directors should wear red, new advanced directors should wear navy blue, and new senior directors should wear yellow.
National executive directors, make sure you wear your promotion jersey to Opening General Session on Friday, July 8.
Do we need to wear masks?
We’re following the state of Illinois and CDC guidelines, and sanitation stations will be provided throughout the event. At this time, masks are not required. We’ll be using a sticker system that you should put on your badge.
Red means: “Hello. I’m keeping my distance.”
Yellow means: “I’m not comfortable with hugs or high-fives. But, I’m OK with talking to you at a distance.”
Green means: “I’m comfortable with hugs and high-fives.”
Sign Up for Texting!
Text the word “WIN” to (630)-394-1814 to schedule updates and get important daily info.
Message and data rates may apply so please check with your service provider for details. You’ll receive a confirmation text after you opt-in. And once you’ve opted in, you’ll get up to five text messages regarding National Conference info.
Please Note: Home Office isn’t monitoring responses to the phone number provided above. If you need to get a hold of our National Conference team before or during the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
You don’t have to opt into these text messages. They are completely optional and are only intended to help you get the most up-to-date news while you’re at conference. If you don’t want to opt in and receive text message updates, we recommend asking another consultant who’s at conference with you to keep you in the loop.
Is there a National Conference app this year?
No. Both virtual and live attendees can use the National Conference platform to see the event agenda, get access to training materials, chat with others, and more!
When can I buy a surprise pack?
On Monday, July 11, all consultants who attended National Conference in person will get an email with a link to the website where they can buy their surprise packs. Surprise packs will be available one per attendee until Sunday, July 17.
If you attend National Conference in person and don’t get an email on July 11, please check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, please email email@example.com.
Are there any restaurants and safe activities nearby?
Yes! Check out these websites:
Concessions will also be available at McCormick Place® Convention Center in the West Building on July 7–8.
How do I get to McCormick Place if I’m staying at Chicago South Loop or Hyatt Regency® Chicago?
We will have buses running on a loop from these hotels to McCormick Place. When planning your time for departure, please keep wait time in mind. There may be a long line, so please leave early and with enough time to wait for the line and buses.
Chicago South Loop—Front of the Building (26th St.)
Hyatt Regency® Chicago—East Tower (Wacker Drive)
8:15 a.m. – 10:45 p.m.
8 a.m. - 11 p.m.
8:15 a.m. – 10:45 p.m.
8 a.m. - 11p.m.
8:15 a.m. - 11 p.m.
8 a.m. - 11 p.m.
7 - 10:30 a.m.
7 – 10:30 a.m.
Please note: There won’t be return transport from the venue to the hotels on Saturday, July 9. Please plan accordingly if you need to bring your luggage with you to the venue on Saturday.
How long will it take me to get into Wintrust Arena?
Since Wintrust has their own security team, you will go through a security checkpoint after you enter the building. Therefore, there may be a waiting line to get into the building, so plan your time accordingly.
If you’re carrying a bag, you must open it. You may bring in a water bottle, but no other outside food and beverages are allowed. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in Wintrust.
Travel & Safety Tips
- Assess your surroundings. Be aware of your environment (behavior, sounds, equipment, materials, etc.), and note anything that seems out of place.
- Don’t wear your name tags or conference badges in public.
- Don’t use unmarked public transportation (i.e. a taxi service, Uber, or Lyft).
- Don’t share personal info (like your hotel, hotel room, phone number, or home address) or give your room key to anyone.
- Make photocopies of personal material in your wallet (like your driver’s license, credit cards, and insurance cards front and back) and store those copies in a safe place at home.